Thursday, January 7, 2010

Final Stretch

Ljubo and I were working with CloudScorpion and Northwind at Tel4040.

It was exciting to see our progress during the last week before the release of Wordtalk. Unfortunately, our manpower was quite limited (Essentially Ljubo and I in person, and Jonathan on irc).

We wanted to hammer out good code, but with simplicity in mind since most of our group members who wrote the classes (they did finish it, but it was left to us to debug/test it), we did what we could.

One very valuable lesson I learned was that written code (and compiled without errors) does not mean the work is done. That is usually 40% of the work. Getting it to funktion with the other classes and then the entire program is the 60%.

Overall I loved oop344. I learned a lot about code and what to expect from my fellow programmers. I'll defintely be wise in hiring programmers a few years from now.

this is how WordTalk looks like at this point. the rest is pretty much up to ljubo to work on (saving and adding the form to the file)

No comments:

Post a Comment